The PNG Education Advocacy Network (PEAN) a national coalition of civil society organizations with the aim of engaging the Government of Papua New Guinea and other stakeholders on national education policy, to help ensure that all Papua New Guineans have access to good quality and inclusive publicly provided education.
The Papua New Guinea Education Advocacy Network (PEAN) was established in 2003 by Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to advocate on Basic and Adult Education Policy and Key Education Program Issues in Papua New Guinea in line with EFA and now Sustainable Development Goal # 4 Education 2030.
WHO ARE WE?
PEAN is a national coalition of civil society organisations with the aim of engaging the Government of Papua New Guinea and other stakeholders on national education policy, to help ensure that all Papua New Guineans have access to good quality and inclusive publicly provided education. The program’s office is located in Port Moresby.
PEAN aims to:
- provide a focal point through which civil society can contribute to education policy debates;
- provide knowledge in building awareness on the SDG4 agenda, targets and indicators at the national level.
- to undertake research on education policy issues;
- act as an information source for civil society organisations with an interest in education;
- strengthen the capacity of its members, and civil society more broadly, to participate actively and with authority in public debates on education.
OUR MAIN SPONSOR
- To advocate and promote lifelong learning for all citizens
- To increase CSO participation in education and wider community in education and budget processes
- To promote achievement of Education for All Goals through awareness and campaigns through in collaboration with coalition members, development partners and governments
- Resource Mobilization to strengthen CSO engagement and participation in education policy dialogue
- Mobilizing Civil Society
- Advocacy and Networking
- Capacity Building and Institutional Strengthening Community-based Organizations